Most hobbyists and even professionals love a quality miter saw. But, with so many different options, it can be difficult to pick the right one. Let’s throw light on some of the basic things you must look into while buying one.
- Blade – This is your first point of consideration. Depending on your need and budget, you can opt for a ten inch or a twelve-inch blade. Ensure to read testimonials, and verification like that of Hercules miter saw review for the confidence of the blade being a quality one.
- Bevel Tilt – Next, you must look into the tilt capability of the saw to make bevel cuts. The saw can make a cut in one direction as well as both directions. For the most versatile cuts, the saw can tilt up to 45 degrees, and tilt either left or right.
- Stops – Because of the positive stops in the miter saw you can easily make accurate cuts in different degrees. The saw gets locked at these angles because of the stops. A quality saw would certainly have a minimum of stops at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees though more can also be present.
- Clearly marked Scales – A properly aligned and easy to read scale in the saw facilitates accurate cutting. Best scales come with a digital display. The scales marked in fractions of a degree also provide plenty of ease and convenience.
- Safe Blade Guard – You must always opt for saws that have blade guards such as Hercules miter saw. Few have guards that automatically retract for you to see the cutting lines more clearly. Once the job is done, the guards lower themselves and cover back the blade.
- Brakes – A saw with electric brakes must always be preferred. The design facilitates the electricity to reverse each time the power is cut off. Because of it, the blades can stop fast within two to three seconds. Blades without this brake can take up to ten seconds to finish.
You can easily use the above tips to help you pick the right compound saw. Do your own research and do not rely on just anyone to help you find the right one.